Windows 11 / Ryzen 6900HS CPU - LibreOffice Non-Stop Crashing

Good morning.

I just got a new Windows 11 laptop with the Ryzen 6900HS CPU and Radeon 6700S GPU. Unfortunately, I tried to load up any of the LibreOffice apps and they all instantly crash after a window for each application opens. Any suggestions on how to address this?

Try opening it in LO safe mode, Start menu > All apps > LibreOffice x.x > LibreOffice (Safe Mode) > Continue in safe mode. Does it crash?

If it doesn’t crash, then click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and under Graphics Output untick the box Use Skia for all rendering and OK. Close LO and try to start normally, does it crash? If not you’re good to go.

1 Like

LibreOffice apps work in Safe Mode. However, I do not intend to use Safe Mode to use LibreOffice. So, what useful information does that provide you with and how do we proceed from there?

Safe Mode temporarily provides a new user profile (directory). The fact that LibreOffice works in Safe Mode means that your “old” user profile is broken.
You should save this “old” directory or give it another name. See:

LibreOffice user profile

Did you mean Windows safe mode or LibreOffice safe mode? Windows 11 Safe Mode - it worked. LibreOffice Safe Mode (which I just used now) did not stop the application from crashing non-stop.

The solution found here resolved the problem: Windows 11 and Libre Office 7.2

This leads me to conclude that newer Ryzen graphics and Skia rendering are currently unstable.

That answer was in the initial comment I gave, you just stopped reading.

1 Like

I was unfamiliar with LibreOffice safe mode, I just assumed you meant Windows 11 safe mode. Cause, you know, this Windows 11.