Windows Arm64 listing in downloads page

Hi,

Could we add ARM64 as a target in the Windows downloads page?

Category Site Feedback is for feedback on, well, this Ask site… changed accordingly.

There is no released Windows ARM aarch64 build. Experimental builds exist, for example daily Index of /daily/master/Win-Arm64@tb77-TDF/ or 24.2 Index of /libreoffice/old/24.2.1.2/win/aarch64 or all pre-releases Index of /pre-releases/win/aarch64/ but they are not supported and while they may run they may or may not work correctly.

See also tdf#137143.

And basically this is a duplicate of Download the latest prerelease 24.2.0.0.beta1 for windows on arm (AARCH64).

@erAck At Linaro, Lina and I are both working in the Windows on Arm team (Windows on Arm | Linaro), where we help open source projects to be ported in this platform.

What are the steps missing to declare windows-aarch64 builds as “official”? Is that only a CI issue (infrastructure, time), or some development is specifically needed?

We could help on this!
Pierrick

Please do not use the Answer or Suggest a solution button for comments that are not an answer to the original question / solution to the problem, use the Reply or Comment bubble instead. Thanks.

That apart, extensive testing is needed whether these builds actually work as intended in all aspects, and maybe iron out quirks, or investigate the cross-compilation situation. Certainly it’s also a infrastructure and time issue (e.g. AFAIK there’s only one Windows ARM64 tinderbox build machine, about no one runs Windows on ARM, etc.), so you’d be welcomed if you wanted to invest time and resources on it. I suggest you start a local build and get in contact with the developers’ IRC and mailing list, see Developers | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft.

Sorry, I was not sure of the best way to answer.

I’ll try to reproduce build, and contact mailing list to discuss this. Thanks!