Windows %username%

UserInstallation=file:///C:/Users/%USERNAME%/Dropbox/LibreOffice/4
Windows %username% not work in bootstrap.ini.
Can you help me?

The entry in bootstrap.ini is $SYSUSERCONFIG which on Windows defaults to %APPDATA% – i.e C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming

If you have a specific file system location in mind, suggest you use the LibreOffice program variable and go relative from there. So your path entry would be:

UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/…/…/Dropbox/LibreOffice/4

Or, another option would be the LO macro $SYSUSERHOME which looks to resolve to %USERPROFILE%\Documents – i.e. C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents and your path entry then would be UserInstallation=$SYSUSERHOME/…/Dropbox/LibreOffice/4

Good luck and let us know how that works.

You have to use$USERNAME instead of %USERNAME%.

Hi Regina,

I tried $USERNAME and $SYSUSER and $SYSUSERNAME all of which error on Windows builds.

Seems just the $SYSUSERCONFG, $ORIGIN, and $SYSUSERHOME macros actually resolve to usable paths on Windows builds.

I (Windows7, 32bit) use -env:UserInstallation=file:///f:/$USERNAME/LOdev or -env:UserInstallation=file:///c:/Users/$USERNAME/LOdevDE in a link. And I have just tested, it works in the bootstrap.ini too. Are you sure, the folder exists and the path is correct and you have write access to the folder?

No I was trying to use each directly, e.g. UserInstallation=$USERNAME/Dropbox/LibreOffice/4, without the file:// formatting structure. Same as we routinely use for parallel installations.

A test using “UserInstallation=file:///C:/Users/$USERNAME/LODev530/settings” does work correctly. File is created, and LO fully configured.

Learned something new…

Thanks!

If you do not use file:/// it interprets the path relative to the position of the bootstrap.ini. You can reference this position with $ORIGIN. So using ‘UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/…’ will generate the ‘user’-folder parallel to the ‘program’ folder. I use that method, to keep user-folder and program-folder together, in case I make an administrative installation to test a daily build.