Word found unreadable content: what causes this and how to avoid?


When I open an ODT document in word, I often get the “Word found unreadable content” error message. What causes this and how do I avoid it?

The latest instance occurred today. When I clicked on the error message, another window popped up that say “Styles 1” as being the error but I got nothing else.

However, all of the tracked changes I had in Libreoffice (7.3.1) disappeared.

This is not the first time I’ve seen this problem, but it’s not always because of track changes. Are there known causes for this that I need to avoid?




It could be a compatibility problem


Recommendation for clean working with LibreOffice when different Office programs are used.
Always create and save your files in LibreOffice and save them in ODF format (ODT, ODS, etc.).
Always keep these files as their source.
If you need other formats for distribution to partners, you can open an ODF file and save and distribute another format with ″ Save as… ″.
This way, you always have working files available in your system environment.


Edit different file formats in LibreOffice

Please report the behavior as a bug in Bugzilla .

See also:

How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice .

Please post the link from the bug here.
format: tdf#nnnnnn (use only the number, not the link)
To do this, edit your initial question. Thank you.

Try saving a copie to DOC/DOCX as a test to see if there are fewer problems.

If you want, you can also upload your file here for someone to look at.