Appreciate that frames can be problematic, but they are the way that the label pages are created and frankly tables become so cumbersome to achieve a similar result that I’ve learned to live with them as I print a lot of food related labels with graphics and text.
Unfortunately also there are few tutorials on using frames - presumably because they don’t always work well. As a result I’m not sure if my experiences are my own lack of understanding, a bug in the code or design features.
Perhaps those more knowledgeable could help with the items below. Remember all this is based on use of A4 pages with frames generated by File|New|Label
- Frame selection.The most annoying feature is that I am unable to multi select frames on a page. I want to do this in order to delete the content (clear the frames). Selecting and clearing 20 - 40 frames individually is a pain and waste of time. Is this possible/meant to be possible? If not why not?
- Copy and paste content. Most of the time I can select all within a frame, copy it and then once in another frame if I paste it copies both the text and the image(s). Occasionally though a document will lose this ability and just paste the text. I then have to recreate the document from one that I know has this ability. Essentially I paste into n frames a copy of a label because I need that many. Any ideas gratefully accepted as to why.
- Is it possible to move between frames using a keyboard command (both forward and backward)? If so, how. Happy if the solution is a macro with an associated key
- In an attempt to overcome some of these I have tried a couple of times to link frames so that I can then treat content as one big blob. What I have found is that a label created set of frames is logically named 1,2,3 … from left to right and top to bottom. However when you try to link the frames many of them are missing from the next or prev dropdowns and it’s not possible to type a name (prob a good idea as long as the drop down has the correct list!)
- Frame background. I’ve tried to use the frame’s background to add colour to a label. If I set one frame on the page say red then all the frames take the same colour. Why? They aren’t linked?