Write-protected content cannot be changed in an OMD document

I’m getting this message when trying to change a table of contents in a omd document (directly, not in the odt document).

In an odt document is is fixed by tools->options->LibreOffice writer->Formatting aids and ticking Enable cursor. That doesn’t work for the omd document.

Format->sections doesn’t work either as the table of contents in the omd document is not listed as a section.

I have tried to have it in an odt document but that doesn’t work either.

Is there a way to edit the table of contents in the omd document? A way to disable protect completely?

Thanks.

I assume you mean an .odm (master) document.

How is you TOC generated? Is it part of a (slave) included document? Is it generated with an Insert>… directly in the master document?

What do you mean with “trying to change toe TOC”? Refresh (update it)? Change its formatting? Manually modify its entries?

Answer these questions editing your question or commenting my comment. Don’t use an answer whic is reserved for solutions.

“I assume you mean an .odm (master) document.” yeap

“How is you TOC generated?” in the odm document. Via insert.

“What do you mean with “trying to change toe TOC”?” I actually want to bold some of the text but not all.

I finally found it. RMB->Edit index-> remove tick by “protected against manual changes”

Thanks.

In case your TOC editing is “systematic”, i.e. you want all level-1 entries bold, level-2 italic, etc., a much better approach is to play with the paragraph styles used to format the TOC.

Just like headings are formated with styles Heading n (from which the TOC is built), TOC entries are formatted with styles Contents n. This is simpler and persistent (no need to reformat when TOC is updated). Also TOC contents remains protected against unwanted changes.

Of course, if you only want to bold only one entry out of a family (only one in level-1 for instance), this can only be done through manual editing after Edit Index and unchecking Protect against manual changes.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!