Writer: A list of fonts in use

I have a simple question. I think I might be missing something.

I am using this version, but my PC has the latest:

Version: 7.6.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 38d5f62f85355c192ef5f1dd47c5c0c0c6d6598b
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.15.7; UI render: Skia/Metal; VCL: osx
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Is there a way to show a list of all fonts in use for both a master and standard writer document? I’m trying to keep my font licenses straight here so I need to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

I see how you can show styles in use, but you have to click on each to confirm the font. So I was just wondering if there was a simple and concise list buried somewhere I have missed.

TIA;

Ken

Perhaps one of the listings given in the document link in this section will help you quickly solve your problem?

There is no satisfactory answer to this question because direct formatting can add as many fonts as the document author can fancy of while reviewing and using a master

If you (or your colleagues) are cautious enough to work exclusively with styles, you can have a look at paragraph and character styles to see which fonts have been assigned. Due to the “inheritance rule” between styles, consider only the Organizer tab where you’ll find which parameters are modified by the style definition. Don’t go to the Font tab where you’ll see the present state, whether inherited or set here.

Unfortunately there is no command to list style definitions in a concise form. You must explore styles one by one. I suggest you choose the Hierarchical view in the Navigator to work out at a glance the relationships between styles.

Export as PDF, and look in the Font tab of the properties.

3 Likes

Leroy;

That’s brilliant! I feel kind of dumb for not thinking of it myself. It worked perfectly, thank you!

1 Like

ajlittoz,

That’s what I thought. It was just a lot to wade through.

Thx!