writer crashing immediately, calc impress fine

Writer is crashing immediately every time even when opening new empty file, but calc; impress; math; draw; base all are opening fine.

crash report

Safe mode is working fine.

I have two extensions installed, languageTool and altsearch. Please tell how to remove them so that i can check if they are causing problem, if this can be the reason. I can’t go to extension manager by writer’s UI as that is inaccessible, but when I go to extension manager from calc/impress then I dont find the above two extensions there. Is this normal?

By the way, I’m suspicious of ‘AlternateSearching’ or ‘altsearch’ extension for this as I saw its dialog box a couple of times without asking for it. Even more, after resetting ‘settings and UI modifications’ from restart mode, its dialog box appeared. This dialog box was little and with no options unlike the regular box with tons of options that opens when extension is used normally. But it cannot be blammed until one is sure.

Hello,

due to:

Safe mode is working fine

reset your user profile- To reset the user profile perform:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Start in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Select option Reset to factory settings
  • Activate [x] Reset entire user profile
  • Click button Apply Changes and Restart

Hope that helps.

I checked only ‘reset settings and UI modifications’ and not ‘Reset entire user profile’ and it has got fixed. Since I have archived my profile earlier, can I restore it now from that file? The restore option in safe mode isn’t restoring automatically to that.

update: yes I can do that by extracting the file and replacing the older content. But no use as that is causing the crash again.

Help me to delete just the extension part from the profile so that I dont lose my rest of the settings, if it worked that way.

update: I had timeshift backup and tried many combinations and at last replaced the whole libreoffice folder in .config, now everything is fine. Thank you for helping.

update: even replacing the whole libreoffice folder in .config worked only for a while and writer started crashing again. I have now restored the whole system from backup and things are fine.