Writer Document Content Changes After Closing

I have been writing a book and from the begining I found problems with changing styles and added paragraphs that I thought may have been due to the fact that we were multiple persons working from different computers and with different programs.

Today I started a new file with LibreOffice Writer to clean up the document (exclusively used by me, nobody else participates in the project at this stage), where I pasted the content from the book from a flat text file and started adding all the styles and footnotes manually. I worked on it for hours and closed it to take a break and make sure that it was synced (I use InSync on Linux to sync with Google Drive and I’ve sent them a support request to see if the problem is in their side).

As I opened I found that the styles had changed (bleeding and bold randomly added in some paragraphs, page breaks dissapeared, some headings had lost style, and a paragraph return had been added after each existing paragraph return (hundreds.) I had not made any changes to the styles and I was just using the standard styles from Writer.

I made some changes again, saved and reopened: had the same issue again.

It happens both saving as odt and doc.

Writer version: Version: 4.2.3.3
Build ID: 420m0(Build:3
Running on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS.
Language of LibreOffice, Ubuntu, and document: English

Has any of you found this kind of issue? How can I debug it to get to the source of the problem? How can I fix it?

This is different from my experience. I suppose you open it on the same computer. If so it’s really strange and you probably format your document differently from me. If you could provide a link to short example files (.odt file, PDF before and PDF after) then maybe I could spot the difference.

Hi Ramon,
Strange, as mahfiaz already explained.
Is it something you could share via DM?