Writer forms become corrupted on reload

After working for hours on a simple Writer form, I could not get the .odt file to reload with the form intact. Fields moved around the page, field types changed from date, formatted, and numeric to text. I’m using LibreOffice v6.4.2.2 x64. Totally unusable for me.

Is it conceivable that you have not saved your document in ODT format?

What operating system do you use?

I can’t find a question, but a statement only.

Sorry, I forgot to state a question, so here it is:
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

After I posted this issue, I reset my LibreOffice user profile to default and continued working on a new form document. I was able to work for 2-3 hours on the form’s main page before Writer had some kind of GUI problem. When I clicked on any of Writer’s top menu items (File, Edit, View, etc.) the option window would roll down, but it would be blank. No text, no group separators. I exited Writer and re-opened the document but found only about half of the labels and fields I had created and saved prior to the problem, and they were scattered around the page.
Is this likely to be an application memory problem, or some Java issue? Windows 10 did not raise any error alerts and I’m not able to find anything in the system event log.

If set, try to disable OpenGL in Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> View -> Category: Graphics Output -> Option: [ ] Use OpenGL for all rendering and check whether that fixes your problem