Writer - Forms - Can't open Control Properties

Hi!! I just starting using LibreWriter yesterday. I’ve been looking for a way to create fillable PDFs from existing PDFs for years. So I’m really happy to find LibreOffice!

First I should probably note…MacOs (intel) High Sierra and LO 7.3

I’m having trouble opening the Control Properties dialog box (not sure if that’s what it’s called) when I add a text box. I can change the Position and Size and Character > Fonts through Format but I’m not always able to open Control Properties from Tools > Forms to make other formatting changes to a text box. It’s just not always an option. I can see it but it’s grey and I can’t click on it. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t and I’m not sure what I’m doing differently. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

I hope someone reads this and can help.

I’m trying to post a question but the only thing I seem to be able to do is reply to my own question from six months ago.

I can draft a New Topic but there is nothing to click to post it.

Thanks!

@Tracey_Evans
With the New Topic don’t you have the + Create Topic button in lower left corner as:
Screenshot at 2022-10-30 19-03-21

I do but when I clicked on it, at first, I got a message stating I had to select at least 1 tag. So, I did that and clicked Create Topic again, but nothing happened.

Is that normally all I’d have to do? If so, I’ll give it a try again tomorrow. Maybe something with my laptop or connection.

You may also want to look at This is the guide - How to use the Ask site?

Thank you!! It seems to be working today.

Please read this description, it should help you.

Create a fillable form in Writer

If you have any more questions about it, get back here. Thank you.

Annotation:

You can change the properties of a field only if the field is selected.

Or try it here:

English documentation

2 Likes

This looks like it should help. Thank you!!

1 Like