Writer "no style"

Hello! I have a question. Is there a way to set some text to having no particular style? Or maybe some way of setting persistent direct formatting? Or should I just avoid doing that and make custom styles for each portion that is formatted differently?

Or should I just avoid doing that and make custom styles for each portion that is formatted differently?

Yes! See:

Professional text composition with Writer

English documentation

Please note that a whole range of ready-made styles for different purposes are available in LibreOffice. If you have also created your own styles, it may be worthwhile to create a document template first.

If you could please be a little more specific about what exactly you would like to do, you might be even better helped. Thank you.
Just edit your initial question.

…text to having no particular style?

Each text is initially always assigned to a paragraph style (e.g. Default).
However, the application of direct formatting overlays the defaults of a paragraph style and thus determines the appearance.
This procedure was made as an offer for people switching from M$-Office. It is suitable for short notes, shopping lists, etc.
If you want to create letters, valuable documents or books, you should not use this procedure in any way.

1 Like