I’ve been using LO for years without a problem. Now me and other colleagues in my company face issues while saving documents. LO gets non responsive for minutes while saving documents containing images. Here is my setup
- LO Version: 188.8.131.52
- Windows 7 (all latest service packs and updates as for 08.12.2013)
- Java V 184.108.40.206
- Lenovo T400S (with mobile intel 4 graphic chip and SSD HD)
Steps to reproduce:
- I’ve created a clean user profil (deleting the old one)
- I’ve created an empty writer document
- I’ve added one line of text and clicked save…works within 1 second!
- I’ve added one 734x35 small .jpg image and clicked save…works within 1 second!
- I’ve added a second line of text and clicked save…works within 1 second!
- I’ve added a second .jpg picture of 1007x365 and clicked save…Writer is “NOT RESPONDING” for ~1minute !
- Any new attemps to save will end up in this 1 minute “not responding state”
- If I remove the second picture, save works again within 1s.
- Note: I’ve seen similar behaviour in Impress
What i’ve tried:
- Copy-pasting VS inserting the pictures…no effect
- Removing HW acceleration and/or anti-aliasing…no effect
- Changing memory settings to 30 steps, 250mB, 10mB/object, 00:10…no effect
- Removing the user profile and trying to save again…no effect
- Reinstall LO from scratch, after having removed any files per hand on the HD…no effect
Guess: Is there any function trying to “resize” the pictures when while saving them ?
We cannot use LO under these circumstances and will appreciate any help!
I can send you my test file to reproduce the behaviour…