Writer responding weirdly to ctl-v

I use ctl-c and ctl-v to cut and paste to the cliboard - and until now it has always been fine. Now however, if I try and paste a previously cut line I get the line that the cursors positioned at (i.e. the line I am pasting above) displayed in a khaki colour with a strikeout line through the text. I have no idea what this is or how to stop it from happening and go back to the normal cut and paste functions. I have even tried closing down Writer and then reloading it with no effect. Can anybody tell me what’s going on please - I am assuming I have triggered some sort of function in Writer by pressing some combination of keys in error. As things stand at the moment, the program is completely unusable. I am using W10 version 1903 on a PC and libreOffice version 6.2.8.2. Thanks.

This is no weird behaviour.

You inadvertently enabled track changes mode with Ctrl+Shift+V (note the Shift key). You can desactivate the mode with Ctrl+Shift+V again or Edit>Track Changes>Record to uncheck the box.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer) or comment the relevant answer.