Writer - User-definded formatting in Fields are lost after saving

I’m using a Writer document with fields associated with Base DB.
Fields with numerical values ​​are inserted using custom formatting (for example ###0.00 and then the same field in words).
Switching between records in the Base database via the “Data to Fields” button results in the correct insertion of values ​​into the fields in the document, including formatting.
However, after saving the document and reopening it, the user-defined field formatting is lost (although the text display remains as before saving), and when a new switching using “Date to Fields” is made, the values ​​are pasted in the default format (for example, 100000, the written value also becomes a number).
How to get rid of this problem?

Format of the content won’t be saved in the database. There will only be saved the numeric value. If there is a numeric field in Base with 8 places, 2 decimal places the form field should show this.

Now: Which kind of field do you use for showing the values of your numeric field of Base. There is a “Numerical Field” and a “Formatted Field”. I prefer to use “Formatted Field” for all numerical values (normal numerical values, Currency formatting …).

Also a hint: Write down the version of LO and the system, on which LO runs. Could help to find a buggy behavior like “formatting with decimal places won’t be loaded next time”.

1 Like

OK, so I was a little bit stupid :slight_smile:
The file was in .doc format, so field formatting is not saved actually.
I’m not sure, is it possible to store field formatting in .doc files, may be it is incompatibility or bug.
Anyway, saving file in .odt file format solve the problem. Loading data to fields now is correct, format like defined previously.