Writer2Latex: equation numbering is lost

Extension Writer2Latex. When converting writer doc xxx.odt into Latex xxx.tex, equation numbering is changed:
some equation numbers increase by 2 (say 1.2, 1.4, …), others increase by one but without the section number (say 1,2,…). Writer equations are created inside a table line. In the former case Latex conversion starts as
\begin{center}
\tablefirsthead{\centering … and end with
\begin{supertabular}{m{14.911cm}m{1.689cm}}
\end{supertabular}
\end{center}
the above figures are specific
In the latter case : \begin{equation} … \end(equation}
In practice, the resulting latex would require to rearrange all the equations.

Edit your question (use the pencil tool after expanding the 'three-dots") to describe how you created your equations (with Math, the integrated formula editor, or another utility) and how you numbered them. This can make a big difference. If the issue is related to your procedure, attaching a sample file will ease spotting the failure.

As usual, mention your OS name and LO version.

Dear Sirs,

It is long time since may last question and I found the site has changed.

I cannot find how to edit my question and enclose refelevant odt, tex
and pdf files

to better explain.

Regards

E. Canuto
Editing
I enclose: 1) original oft file, LibreOffice 7.2.2.2 (x64)
2) tex file, created by Writer2Latex export filters 1.6.1 (six png files)
3) pdf file, created by Writer2Latex export filters 1.6.1, wrong equation numbers are inside a red box. (2 png files)
Further remark: cross reference has 11.3 (as original) has been hardwired (red box)
E. Canuto
Chapter11DSTest.odt (495.9 KB)

Not familiar with LaTeX nor extension Writer2Latex, but had a look to your sample file. It looks to me that it has been “in contact” with some external document processor (M$ Word?) because bookmarks and references have strange encoding (not pure LO format; __RefNumPara__xxx_yyy looks like some M$ black magic).

Your document looks “normal” except for figure 11.1 where you erroneously anchored a frame inside another frame. Doing so, you lose relationship between the frames and you are forced to add empty paragraphs to correctly size the outer frame so that you simulate nesting of frames. If you had anchored the inner frame (the drawing) to a paragraph, the image would have considered included inside the outer frame and would have caused the outer frame to automatically adjust to the size of the image.

But this is not your primary issue.

For me, your document is correct (except for this foreign format of references). The error comes probably from the conversion by the extension, unless the file formatting has undergone too many conversions. I must say that the XML representation is way too cluttered to be the result of exclusive Writer use. This may disturb the extension.