Ask Your Question
0

[SOLVED] 5.3.3.2 Calc - Delete Cell also deletes another cell in same row

asked 2017-06-07 18:33:40 +0200

salisburyk gravatar image

updated 2017-07-10 14:18:34 +0200

Reference: 2017.ods Using Windows 7 Pro x64 fully patched and LO 5.3.2.2.

Problem: Open the attached file in Calc 5.3.?.? then delete any cell in column A with your keyboard delete key. You'll notice that the adjacent cell in Column B on the same row is also deleted. Vice versa works as well (delete B, A is deleted - only for the rows that have cell's filled in Column A and B.

I do not know why this is happening, but it only started on 5.3.3.2. I am running 5.2.5.1 on a 64bit Linux and it's fine. No issue with this exact same file. I can't seem to reproduce it on a new spreadsheet as well in 5.3.3.2. Thoughts?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2017-07-10 14:25:43 +0200

salisburyk gravatar image

updated 2017-07-10 14:26:13 +0200

[SOLVED] (Well, sort-of solved) This bug covers it, it is very similar to what we are seeing under RDP; Bug 107166

edit flag offensive delete link more
0

answered 2017-06-07 23:06:54 +0200

m.a.riosv gravatar image

Not for me with Version: 5.3.4.1 (x64), it's very strange issue.

Please try resetting the user profile, sometimes solves strange issues. https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/U... Usually it's enough renaming/deleting the file "user/registrymodifications.xcu", it affects all the options in Menu/Tools/Options, and the files "user/basic/dialog.xlc" and "scrip.xlc" are overwritten, additionally custom colors in "user/config/standard.soc" are lost.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Problem repeats on three different workstations using Windows 7 x64 and Windows 2008 R2 x64 using different Windows/LibreOffice user profiles and all running various versions of 5.3.x. I also tried 5.4.0.0.beta2 and it exhibits the exact same problem on my workstation. Could all of our LibreOffice profiles have these issues you describe? I've never seen anything like this. I will try deleting the files you describe, but whatever has happened - has happened to all of our workstations....

salisburyk gravatar imagesalisburyk ( 2017-06-09 19:34:47 +0200 )edit

One thing that is consistent in our environment that may be different from others is that we utilize a lot of Remote Desktop Connections to access Windows. We've noticed some Dialog Boxes are not showing all text under 5.3 and 5.4 - I wonder if this is a glyph or bitmap issue under RDP...I'll go down that road if your idea does not work...

salisburyk gravatar imagesalisburyk ( 2017-06-09 19:51:58 +0200 )edit

May it be that the cell content actually isn't deleted, but the RD gets confused and fails to display things correctly? What if deleting one cell and saving the document and opening it in a known good environment, is the "lost" cell still there?

erAck gravatar imageerAck ( 2017-06-09 21:47:06 +0200 )edit

It's definitely something to do with RDP / Remote desktop connection. 5.2.x has no issues under Windows 7 / Windows 2008 R2. 5.3.3+ most definitely does. It's reproducible on 6 different workstations. All of us are connecting via xfreerdp on Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 and from Microsoft Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connection. I'll call this solved, but I'm going to have to post a new question/bug if I can't find something in bugzilla that covers this (always fun to search in).

salisburyk gravatar imagesalisburyk ( 2017-07-10 14:17:57 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2017-06-07 18:33:40 +0200

Seen: 131 times

Last updated: Jul 10 '17