6.2.1.2 also shows borked install under Win 7

This is a reopen of LO 6.1.5.2 borked install? (closed)

Another Win 7 box, all updates on as of March 7th 2019 (has had many LO on since 2016) now fails to install with the same issue as 6.1.5.2 does.

This is a repeated failure mode which I have only seen on 6 series LO; not ever seen for any other program.

Symptom: clean boot, DL and install 6.2.1.2. Fails as per images in 6.1.5.2. Reboot. Still fails.

Fix (this time - earlier fixes failed) - Go into Program Files dir and make a LibreOffice dir by hand, using the same user who cannot install.

Install now works.

Why are permissions not being picked up OK??
:frowning:

As I asked you previous time: see this FAQ. Specifically, the section how to log the install. So that it’s probably possible to find out the problem.

Personally I saw that problem multiple times with random MSI installers (AutoCAD, Symantec Antivirus, and our local CTAPT programs come to mind) back then while working system administrator. This is not a specific error of some installer; it’s rather a MSI generic problem happening at random. LibreOffice does not handle permissions at all, its installer has nothing specific about it.

Yet - having a log file could possibly shed some light and prove me wrong.