A new object suddenly appeared recently in my documents

NEW Question:

A new object suddenly appeared recently in my documents. What is it, why is it there, and how do I get rid of it?

What is this stupid thing, and why did it suddenly appear recently 2023-05-26_06-56

The suggestion that I should have highlighted what I was talking about was not something I had thought of before submitting this report. My apologies for not doing that. However, I decided to go into “Draw” and see if I could do it. Voilà ! Thank you, I learned something new today !!

The suggestion, by erAck, that it was a minimized window led me to check out that theory. It did not show up in all the documents I had open, but I finally found one that had it. I grabbed the bottom right corner and drew it downward. I ended up with the “navigator” screen.

I tested my theory by going to view, in all of my other one of my documents that were open, that had one, and clicking the navigator screen off. It went away. I then turned navigator on, and it appeared at the top of the window as shown in my picture. However, it does not always appear when I switch navigator off/on, so it took going through several open documents to get one that had the icon.

Just as an aside: I went to another document that has navigator turned on, but there is no navigator screen, nor is there the little “icon”.

For now, I am willing to call this issue “closed” unless it starts reappearing. Even then, it is not a big deal since I know what it is.

Thank you very much for your help in answering my question!!!

Just in case someone is really bored someday, here is the information I should have included in my original post:

System:
Kernel: 5.15.0-72-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 5.6.8
tk: GTK 3.24.33 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 21.1 Vera base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy

LibreOffice:
Version: 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2
Calc: threaded

What should we look at? Please edit your question (modify it; don’t use a comment) to describe exactly this “new object”. Highlight it on the screenshot. Mention OS name and LO version.

If it’s the white thing hovering over the title bar and window frame, that looks like a very minimal window. Try to resize it and you might see.