Add button "cut text" in a cell

Hello, how about adding a useful button that allows the text to stay within one cell but does not reduce it or move it down as with the current functionality, it is true that there is a way to do this through formatting but the method slows down the work for many people I suggest adding a button like in google tables.
google fich

Hi, @one_exif, exemplify, with images, what is currently happening, and how you want it.

Personally, I don’t mind if text flows into next empty cell; if there is anything in next cell it won’t flow there. If I don’t need to see all the text in the cell then it indicates that the text is unnecessarily long and should be shorter.

Row height is not part of a cell Style, it belongs to the Sheet. You can do a workaround that requires only one click to cut off text at the cell edge but might not be suitable for every cell.

1. Select all cells in sheet. Click Format > Rows > Height and untick Default height
  2. In the Sidebar, select Styles. Right click in the styles pane and select New.
  3. In the dialogue name the style something like ClipText.
  4. Select Alignment tab, change Horizontal to Left, Vertical to Top, tick Wrap text automatically. OK

In the sheet, click on a cell containing text that is too long and double click style ClipText
CutTextInCell.ods (11.9 KB)

Otherwise, the place to ask for enhancements is elsewhere, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

1 Like

Thank`s ! Sorry for long answer community !