Adding line numbers to multiple poems

I am working on a poetry collection (Latin) and need to line number each poem separately. Not the entire document; not all the poems collectively, but each one individually. The lengths vary from 20 to 120 lines. I also want the numbers every 5 or 10 lines, not every line. I see how to number every line, but other spacings don’t seem to be an option.
\I have vers. 4.5 for Mac (Intel). Mac version 10.9.4

[In MS Word (boo, hiss) I could make each poem a section, then just line number that section. Doesn’t seem to be an option in Libreoffice.] [I lost MS Word when I upgraded my Mac, and don’t want to pay for a new version.}

(1)

@mriley: “I am working on a poetry collection (Latin) and need to line number each poem separately. Not the entire document; not all the poems collectively, but each one individually.”

Select the first paragraph of the poem (or just set the cursor into the first paragraph)

Menu Format → Paragraph → Outline & Numbering → Line Numbering

:ballot_box_with_check: Restart at this paragraph

(2)

@mriley: " I also want the numbers every 5 or 10 lines, not every line. I see how to number every line, but other spacings don’t seem to be an option."

Menu Tools → Line Numbering → Interval

image description

Update

Four poems: Sample.odt

I’m the OP. I’m afraid this doesn’t work. Numbering then applies to the entire document, but it restarts after the selected poem. I think each poem has to be a new doc for me to do what I want. Too bad.

@mriley – Please see my edited answer (revision), and the attached sample.odt.

Many thanks! You are absolutely right. The secret is putting the insertion point in the first paragraph (=line) of the poem. Great!
M Riley

No, this does not work!!

I am afraid it is only possible to restart numbering by page but not by paragraph.

To restart line numbering by page Tools > Line Numbering > Count > Restart every new page.

I’m the OP. You are correct. Too bad.

No, this doesn’t work - followed instructions over and over again. No copy and paste format in LO?!!