Another track changes problem

None of the previous answers seem to apply…

After accepting all changes, the locations that were accepted are still hard to edit. They have boxes around them that only appear when you click on them, and if characters abut these zones, you can’t search on the full words. These artifacts are no longer needed, and I wonder if I can do away with them.

Please upload a small, ODF type sample file here.

There are five parts of this

1. The centered title is loose text.
  2. A zone beginning Personal: and ending Disc
  3. A zone beginning ple. and ending God.
  4. Loose text starting "Pastor Frank and continuing on until “He has”
  5. A zone beginning He has and ending with exemplify.

Placing the cursor on any of the zones 2, 3, and 5 highlights the zone with a box.

You cannot search for Disciple since it’s in.errupted.

Editing inside these zones is problematic. It is possible, but doesn’t work very well. If you are too close to the edge, LO will move your cursor out of the zone.

Pasting the paragraph into this pseudo rich text editor yields a very instructive presentation. I have no idea how that will be formatted on output, so I’m not including it, but I recommend it.

Note, I didn’t write tboxeshis, I was just proofreading and correcting. The document originated as a word (docx) file.

to_ask_libreoffice.odt (17.9 KB)

Thanks for taking a look.

I don’t think this has anything to do with Track Changes, other than the edits actually made.

The content probably derived from a mail merge. If I right click on the “zones”, there is a menu item Content Control Properties indicating this was a form.

As there doesn’t appear to be any use of styles in the document (everything in the sample is Normal1), you wouldn’t lose much by pasting As unformatted text into a new document and styling appropriately. Apply Body Text to the entire new document then go through and apply Heading 1, Heading 2 as necessary