Asking for help: SAXParseException corrupted file

My docx document became corrupted and I’ve spent the whole day trying to fix it myself looking for the missing xml tags but don’t have the technical skill. Can some kind soul please help recover the document?

NB. It is in docx because it is shared between myself and a Windows user.
Running LibreOffice 7.4.2.3 on Mac. I have already learned my lesson on saving in odt.

The error when I first try open the document
SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: rPr line 0 and ins

When I click No:
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: rPr line 0 and ins

', Stream ‘word/document.xml’, Line 2, Column 8971(row,col).

The original file is here

1 Like

Thank you so much, Mike! I truly appreciate your help. And I’ve learnt my lesson about saving in odt. Kind regards, Jane

Hi,

I had a similar issue with a text document : Gofile - Free Unlimited File Sharing and Storage

Is there a solution ?

PS : I can pay like 10 bucks in Bitcoin (On-chain or LN) or Monero if it can help…

At least I can’t help, because gofile blocks access from where I live.

After downloading with Tor, I see that your file is an ODT. It opens garbage here(14 pages). What was the “similar issue”? Is this the original problematic document, or is this the result of opening the broken document partially,saving to ODT, and destroying the content in the process? Only the original broken document can be repaired, not results of resaving partially opened file.

Or it could be a totally destroyed document because of some disk failure. It can’t be restored at all. It’s definitely not “similar”.