It appears that AutoCalculate stops working when a new column is inserted in a LibreOffice 126.96.36.199 x64 (Windows 10)! To re-enable AutoCalculate, one must close and reopen the document.
I ask that you kindly try to reproduce these steps in your installation, to confirm that it is a bug:
- Start a new spreadsheet and confirm that AutoCalculate is enabled.
- Type in a number in cell A1.
- Type in another number in Cell B1.
- In cell C1 insert the formula
- Confirm that the sum in C1 works correctly; try changing the values in A1 and B1 to verify that is recalculates correctly.
- Now select column C and insert an empty column to its left, i.e. between B and C.
- Edit the sum formula (which is now located) in cell D1 to
- Now type in a number in cell C1.
- Confirm that the sum in cell D1 is not updated correctly, despite the fact that AutoCalculate is enabled. Hard recalculation works.
- Close and reopen the spreadsheet.
- Finally, confirm that recalculate works correctly at all times, now that the spreadsheet was reopened.
Frankly, I am amazed, and look forward to your feedback, before I report this as a bug.