Backspace Causing Italics

So I finally narrowed down a bug that I’ve been dealing with after some extensive writing in the program. Originally I thought Ctrl + \ was causing it, but this is not the case, and I’ve been able to reproduce it with just Backspace.

About 1 in 20 times, when I backspace something in a document, a weird shift will occur where, for the next 1-10 backspaces will cause the next letter I type to be italic. Sometimes it will be as many as three letters. Italics isn’t turned on when this happens either.

1. Nothing strange appears in the undo typing window
  2. The shortcut for my italics is Ctrl + I
  3. The version is 7.5.4.2 but I know I’ve had this on prior versions as well. It’s actually the reason I stopped using the program a few years ago.

I was not able to reproduce it.
Does the italics show in printing or in the exported PDF? Does it appear in printing preview? Does it remain the same when zooming in/out? Does it remain visible after reloading the file or restarting Writer?
I had a similar glitch when editting files a long time ago, but it affected line spacing. Also cannot reproduce it. Are you on Linux?

Virtual duplicate of today’s Found Strange Hidden Shortcut Ctrl + \ that forces Italics . Please don’t create duplicate questions

I don’t have the ability to print. They show when the document is saved and ported. It does appear in printing preview, zoom in, zoom out, etc, I am on Windows, not linux. It remains visible after reloading, restarting and even reinstalling Libre Office.