Bad image quality after rotating image in LibreOffice Impress

Hi!

I have very annoying problem:

When I import high resolution images into Impress (7.4.2.3 Linux and 7.3.6 Windows) and rotate them, they get very bad quality. Especially when starting the presentation, this gets visible:

grafik

If I rotate the images before importing, they are fine and sharp as the original file.

Is there a solution or already a bug report?

Thanks!

Noah

This is how the image looks, if it is not rotated in Impress:
grafik

The downloaded image has a size of 48.4 kB.
When I paste it into Impress and rotate it, it looks OK.

With me:

Version: 7.4.2.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 382eef1f22670f7f4118c8c2dd222ec7ad009daf
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

First steps
Have a look at step 2, 3, 5 and 7.

As a new user I am not allowed to post more than one image…

This is one screenshot of both images in presentation mode. The bad one (right) was rotated in Impress, the good one (left) was not rotated:

Version: 7.4.2.3 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 40(Build:3)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: de-DE
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.4.2~rc3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1~lo1
Calc: threaded

This is the original image:

For Windows: Have you enabled/disabled Skia?

I see no problem rotating this image on LibreOffice 7.2.7.2 on Windows.
I tested with the rotation handlers and with menu Format - Object and Shape - Position and Size - Rotation tab (the same that F4).

Maybe you have HiDPI screen, you could check out the HiDPI bug meta page tdf#90796

This unconfirmed one seems possible Bug 145710 - LibreOffice apps become blurry when moved to a different DPI monitor on Windows

I have the exact same issue. I am on Linux. The rotated pic looks fine in edit mode but completely shitty in presentation mode.

1 Like

Same on Linux:
Version: 7.5.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 50(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 6.4; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); UI: fr-FR
7.5.5-2
Calc: threaded

On edit mode:

On presentation mode:
image link as I can’t embed

The image from your link doesn’t look fine. But downloading the attached image looks fine with Impress, maybe you have inserted the wrong image version.

First image is a screenshot to what my superposition of different images looks like when I edit my slides. Second image is what my superposition of different images looks like in presentation mode

You could report a bug, maybe affecting just your version of Linux, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

FWIW exporting the slides into pdf fixes the issue (but you loose all the animation etc):