base freeze with mysql and triggers

Using mysql from the command line in root modus I added two triggers to a table, just to experiment:
CREATE TRIGGER test BEFORE INSERT ON tbl_first FOR EACH ROW SET NEW.result = NEW.count + 9; and
CREATE TRIGGER test2 BEFORE UPDATE ON tbl_first FOR EACH ROW SET NEW.result = NEW.count - 9;
I can endlessly insert rows, now problems there.
The behaviour of editing rows in the table is that upon the first edit the record is stored, the second edit makes base freeze, upon forced closing and opening again, discarding recovery, the last edited record is displayed correctly.
LibO Version: 6.4.7.2 and mysql server version: 8.0.25-0 ubuntu0.20.04.1 (Ubuntu)

Are the triggers entered correctly / is base fully compatible/happy with triggers?

Hello,

See no problem. Posting as answer so as to post images.

Table:

MySQL:

image description

Triggers:

image description

Before update:

image description

After update ID #8 modified:

image description

Multiple tests adding records and modifying. Used Native connector for testing.

LO:

Version: 7.1.4.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a529a4fab45b75fefc5b6226684193eb000654f6
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Also tested OK with JDBC connector - mysql-connector-java-8.0.12

ODBC OK also

Edit:

Even created form with table control and went down changing each record then adding new & changing those. No Problems. Native connector.

@ratslinger Stimulated by your test, I created a new front-end to be sure that ‘direct connectivity’ was used (the other two options are beyond my capacity). Now base crashes upon the second edit. Annoying and as such not resolvable for the forum. Looks like a nice tool you have to edit mysql.

FYI - The “tool” is MySQL Workbench

See MySQL :: MySQL Workbench

See also libreoffice-and-mysql-crashes. Identical in unexpected behaviour, solved by installing the 7. version. Not explored for this thread,