Calc 24.2.4 WIndows 11 Column Width

Hey Gang:

The other day I installed 24.2.4 and found a problem with CALC. When I format a cell for dollars as follows:

Number $(1,234.57)

I saw the the Dollar Sign was literally on the left cell line and the last decimal was on the right cell line.

Has anyone had the same problem??? Tried several formats, but still got the same result. It is as though the cell went beyond it’s display limits on both the left and right sides of the cell. This was consistent throughout the entire spreadsheet.

I solved it by going back to 7.6.7.2 and no problems.

Thanks,
Rich Ramik

This could be a display/zoom issue. Just a guess.

tdf#160002 ?

1 Like

Hey Gang:

The spreadsheet I referred to was an existing model. I was working fine until I “upgraded”. It was not as though I created a new sheet under 24.2.4. I have found this to be true with other spreadsheets I have in the inventory as well.

Rich Ramik

That is what bug 160002 linked above refers to. See also Messed up currency indentation in Calc after update

For some unexpected reason, in 24.8.0.1, Win 11, I get the same result as comment 7, 160002 – Indentation issue in currency formatted (with left-aligned currency symbol) cells in Calc, that is, the effect doesn’t show just as it doesn’t in earlier versions like 7.x.

You could revert to the last version 7.x of LibreOffice and wait until the 24.8.1 or 24.8.2 release sometime in September or October.

Sample spreadsheet created in 7.3.1.3 with what I assume simulates the issue for 24.2.x
Testtdf160002LO7313.ods (19.2 KB)