Calc: Change what's in a list box based on what's selected in another list box?

The solution isn’t what I asked for. I appreciate the effort very much! Thank you! I don’t know python, I don’t know how to use it in Calc, I don’t know how to add the download you suggested, using python in Calc and that download, whatever it is that I won’t know how to use, seems to be a task to add.

no need for Listboxes, done with →Data→Validation (and additional give some Ranges sensefull Names)

no_Listboxes_but_Data_Validation.ods (11.7 KB)

1 Like

The solution wasn’t good enough

This solution was not wanted

Ik kann kein english, deshalb hab ichs gemacht wie ichs für gut halte :slightly_smiling_face:

It does have to be list boxes. That’s what I want it to be. Using validation isn’t what I asked and isn’t what I want. There’s several good reasons for why I want list boxes. Validation boxes don’t work for what I want it for.

Can it not be done with list boxes? If it can’t, why not?

It can be done by Listboxes … but its beyond your capabilities to tranfer it to your particular Document.
(edit:)it doesnt matter if you flag my comment…any Examplefile would not help you, unless some of us does the whole work on your original File (/edit)

I attempted to transfer it to my document’s list boxes. Couldn’t figure out how to get it to work. Just because I wrote websites 20+ years ago it’s pretty wonky of you to think and accuse that I should know a coding language exclusive to Libre Office Calc that didn’t even exist when I did all that. How would I apply it to list boxes?

@karolus Why do you think I included an example file? People share macros on here all the time without prying at them. It’s my file, I have good reason for wanting it to be list boxes that would take way too long and too much to explain. The file this is for is a project I’ve been working on for several years. There’s a ton of more stuff to it that changing it to do this will validation makes me change everything I did all that time. If you’re not going to help, you’re not being helpful you’re arguing and insulting, please stop commenting and let someone provide the answer.

Why do you think I included an example file?

You ask why? … because your initial post:

list boxes, linked cells, and ranges are.
Dynamic_Listboxes_Example_File.ods (8.7 KB)

The project file is too large for the site.

That’s fact. Nobody should need the actually project file. The example file is the same thing. I can’t use validation, I found tutorials on how to do that before I asked for help here. Validation doesn’t work for a vast number of reasons on the project file. I need it done with form control list boxes.

I’ve given this type of support and have written sample code people could edit with their info the way they wanted easily an uncountable number of times.

Why do I have to pry to get this simple thing done??? And all the grief and insults and childish whacks at me like I’m arguing with a bunch of elementary school 7 year olds. It’s disgusting.

You know nothing about anything while asking others to write programs for you (but not in Python, please) to overcome your difficulties using an office suite.

2 Likes

@Villeroy Python is not designed to work with even this suite by default. I’m not editing core files to get something I can’t edit and won’t understand to work. If you asked me for a car part for a chevy and I handed you a ford part would you use it? Would you do all the editing and modifying to your chevy car to put a ford part on it because some guy you requested the part from prefers it that way? No. You wouldn’t. Even if you were able to do all the editing and modifying.
Same thing. Why is that so difficult to understand? The insults and whacks at me about it are 100% inappropriate and I do not deserve them.

I don’t have difficulties using an office suite. There’s another insult. I don’t know Libre Calc Basic code or python and I don’t have to know it. There’s billions people in the world that don’t know those things who use these suites. Bashing at me for it is an insult and it needs to stop!