Calc - conditional formatting prob after update

I have just today upgraded from 5.1.6.2 to the latest version for windows - sorry don’t have number as on another machine elsewhere atm.

I have a spreadsheet with extensive use of number formats as styles including N° of decimal places, e.g: formula is if value of C1=1 then apply 2 decimal places to 5 place number in target cell. All was working fine until I upgraded and now the decimal place change no longer works. I have messed around with this so much that I have just cleared out all direct and conditional formatting and started again from scratch (leaving the styles as they were)…now I can’t reproduce the same result no matter the direct format of the target cell. Other aspects of the same style work fine such as cell background colour and font effect.

I have just now tried to get this to work on my machine with the 5.1.6.2 but with the same result.

So, my condition is C1=1 with the style to be applied as number of decimal places…I have tried changing the direct format from number to general with no decimal places to the max 5 but no joy.

I feel there must be something very basic that I’m missing but I can’t see it.

EDIT: I have uploaded a sample as an attachment to my original question - which I hope will clarify things. To keep clutter to a minimum I have applied the conditional formatting to only the cells G3:G4 and H3:H4 using both a text cell and a number as examples of what isn’t happening.

The specific result that I really want is that all numbers take the number of decimal places from column D where “FX” should result in a 5 decimal place number in the target cell and “IND” a two decimal place one. In my earlier functioning version, I was using 5 decimal places by default which were then modified by the condition Dx=“IND” to a 2 decimal one.

SS_Cond_Format_Prob.ods

I assume, there’s no way to figure out your problem without having an anonymized example of your file (and conditional formatting). Please consider to upload a sample file …

Hello,

please see the reworked file - I’ve cleared all formattings on range G3:H14 and added the following “Conditional Formattings”

Condition 1: Formula is: $D3="FX" Template: Green_5_DP
Condition 2: Formula is: $D3="IND" Template: Green_2_DP
Range: G3:H14

Note: The “$” is required to keep the absolute reference to column D

ConditionalFormats.ods

You may have some interfering Conditional Formattings - check in Format -> Conditional -> Manage .... I have also deleted any existing Conditional Formatting definitions here prior to starting over.

Tested with:

Version: 6.2.5.2, Build ID: 1ec314fa52f458adc18c4f025c545a4e8b22c159, CPU threads: 8; OS: 
Linux 4.12; UI render: default; VCL: kde5; Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US,
Calc: threaded

Thank you so much (again) as the problem is resolved. Curiously I did establish that one of the issues was direct formats which needed to be deleted and then re-instated as before.

Hello, nice to hear that it works.

If the answer is correct or helped you to fix your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

I have already tried clicking on these check marks but nothing seems to happen - What behaviour should I see?

Mouseover the grey circle of (:heavy_check_mark:) and you’ll see the colour to turn green (and an explanation). Click onto that circle and it permanently get’s green. The up-arrow is to “upvote” and answer, while the down-arrow is to “downvote” a poor answer (Hopefully not the one you want to do :wink: ).

Excellent! For some reason the first couple of times I clicked it stayed grey but now a beautiful grateful green :slight_smile: