CALC Corrupted external link

Hello

I translate this question from French. Sorry for the many oddinesses.

I have two Calc files which are both in a directory called /home/path/

I created several links from the 2nd file called File2 to the 1rst one called File2

At the opening of the 2nd file, I get an error message like “The external file cannot be loaded. The data linked to this file are not actualized

file:///home/path/path/File1.”

Which bugs me is the repetition of /path/ in the link apparently stored in the 2nd File.

In Tools/Options/LibreOffice Calc, I have selected “Always (from secured locations)” for “Actualize the link at opening”.

In Tools/Options/libreOffice/Security/Security of the macros, I selected an average security level and defined “path” as a secured location.

Neither /path/ nor files names do content any space. There are still some accentuated characters, like é. Would it be the root cause of LO confusion ?

Both files are allowed for read and write for me and my group.

Both files are opened from a “reduced” access path, defined from a symbolic link placed in /home/me/Desktop. The links to the files have been created using cells selection in the open files. In other words, the files are in the directory ln/rep6 equivalent to /home/me/rep1/rep2/rep3/rep4/rep5/rep6.

When I look to the known links, I notice that /home/path/ is replaced by [2]sheet1 for the cells from /home/path/File1.sheet1 and [3]sheet2 for the cells in sheet 2.

This issue looks like this unsolved one External links between spreadsheets on Windows 10 get corrupted

Any suggestions ?

Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

LO Version : Version : 6.4.6.2
Build ID : 1:6.4.6~rc2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
Threads CPU : 4; OS : Linux 5.4; UI Render : par défaut; VCL: gtk3;
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); Langue IHM : fr-FR
Calc: threaded

Thanks in advance, Michel

Hello,

What’s missing to raise someone’s attention ?

Any help will be appreciated, Michel

Hello,

My problems were due to the use of .xlsx format, in an attempt to share spreadsheets va OnlyOffice on Nextcloud. Thanks to the comment of @anon73440385 about this question, I reverted all my spreadsheet to .ods format and got rid of this issue.

Kind regards, Michel