Calc paste special 'shift'

Could someone please explain why the ‘Shift Down’ option in the ‘Paste Special’ menu of Calc is greyed out when I try to cut and insert a row of cells. It is not greyed out when I try the same option with ‘Copy’.

This complicates any attempt to move cell contents around in a spreadsheet. I am coming from the Excel world and the functionality I am trying to duplicate is the ‘Insert Cut Cells’ option.

Please, can you inform what is your OS and LibreOffice version?, and can you explain step by step?. I cannot see this issue with 3.5.7.2 or 3.6.3.1 in Win7x64

Ok, I can see now, is when a row(s) or column(s) is(are) cut, seems a bug because the option is inverted, right with rows and down with column. There is a reported bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42265

mariosv, the bug report you link to describes the problem I am having. I am currently using 3.6.2.2 on Win 7 x64. Thank you for following this up.

fdo#42265 has current status RESOLVE DUPLICATE of fdo#56098

fdo#56098 has current status REOPENED

Iam using LO 3.5.6.2 on XP/SP3 and do not observe any problem with PasteSpecial/ShiftDown. I tested single cells, arrays and entire rows (single and multi).
What is your LO version?

same problem… does anybody have an answer?

Version 3.6.1.2 (Build ID: e29a214) on win-7

• fdo#42265 has current status RESOLVE DUPLICATE of fdo#56098

• fdo#56098 has current status REOPENED

TODO: Resolve Question as BUG FILED.

Bug 56098 - UI: ‘Paste Special - Shift Cells’ options availability not logical