Calc stops responding to keyboard, only mouse

Calc stops responding to keyboard, only mouse.
Happened 3 times within 2 days. Keyboard works fine in other apps, and works after restarting calc.
I looked for a modal dialog box, but did not see one. I assume a modal box would block mouse input, but mouse input works.

Version: 7.0.4.2
Build ID: 00(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 1:7.0.4-3+gl0
Calc: threaded

No issues with keyboard in any other app for over 5 years of Debian use.

See answer to question/185781/.

More LibreOffice Help on Activating menu bar, toolbars, windows, and document and Shortcut keys for controlling documents and windows.

Tested with LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 (x64); OS: Windows 10.0.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. If you think the answer is not satisfactory, add a comment below, or click edit (below your question) to add more information. Thanks.

Check the mark (Answer mark → Correct answer mark) to the left of the answer that solves your question.

Thanks, I read the articles, and tried multiple keys (F6, Ctlr-F6, F10, Esc).
Unfortunately, no key does anything after the keyboard stops responding.
The mouse works normally. All other windows (other than Libreoffice Calc) work with the keyboard.

It definitely seems like a bug :frowning: Seems to happen once every few hours.

I’m sorry to hear that there is still no solution. I will repost my answer as a comment, to get the attention of other users.

Similar issue for me. Noticed it a couple weeks ago. The only way I was able to resolve was to xkill all LO instances.

CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.10; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 1:7.0.4-4+deb11u1

Hi,
I have had similar issues in the thread

I wonder;

1. In my case, I experienced the issue when opening a password protected file. Same for you? (It may not be related)
  2. Does the keyboard remain lost after you closed the spreadsheet (but not LibreOffice) and open for instance a Writer document? Or even just try navigating with keyboard in the LibreOffice “start” page? That is what happend to me. I think it is not just a LibreOffice Calc issue.

For the record, I also use Debian

CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.10; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: sv-SE (sv_SE.utf8); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 1:7.0.4-4+deb11u1

Cheers
Markus

1 Like

I have had this problem for years. I am currently using LibreOffice 1:6.1.5-3+deb10u7 on Debian Buster, and I can reliably recreate it by creating a new sheet, right-clicking the sheet tab at the bottom, selecting rename, and renaming the sheet. After clicking OK, the keyboard cannot be used to enter any text anywhere in the application. Other applications behave normally, and restarting LibreOffice causes it to work normally again until I rename a sheet. This is repeatable at least 2 out of 3 times. Today it has happened every single time I have renamed a sheet.

Interestingly, if I use LibreOffice through Xpra, even connected to the same machine, I do not see this behavior.