Can I create a database from addresses that are already typed into a document?

Address Labels 2.odt

I have a list of 100+ mailing addresses that are typed into a word document. I use the Avery 5160 label template. However we are adding new addresses all the time. Is there a way to take this document and somehow turn it into a database for addresses without manually re-typing everything in?

So that for future uses we can just repopulate the database into the template with new addresses added and old ones updated or removed?

Transform your current data base into a structure like that: Comma-separated values - Wikipedia

Then import/convert the data into a Calc ods file. This file has to be added as a data base source (Help off-line: Registering an Address Book).

Check topics like Mail merge LibreOffice on the internet and find help like Mail Merge - LibreOffice Help or a video like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZJ4w-q9AA
To get labels initiate the synchronize function while creating your label template.

After that add/restore/erase all your data in the above mentioned Calc ods file. The data are transformed into a base file in background and then show in your Writer file as fields or real names when printed out.

I should have mentioned that I’m basically a 5 year old when it comes to anything like this. =)
I have no idea how to do any of what you mentioned.