Can I save print properties with a document?

The default print paper size is 8.5" x 11" which is fine for most documents. But when I want to print a #10 envelope, I have to manually change the properties. I would like to be able to print an envelope without having to remember to make that change. Can it be done?

First steps to take before submitting a bug

Try Step 2 and Step 1, in this order, from the link above.

I didn’t think I was submitting a bug. I was asking a question. I’m pushing 80 years old ; maybe I’m easily confused. I would like someone to answer yes or no: can you save print properties with a document? If yes, then perhaps help me do it. I looked on the online forums and didn’t see my question addressed. I’m using LibreOffice updated less than a month ago.

I would like someone to answer yes or no:

Yes.

As I went on … since I am confused. “…then possibly help me do it” ? Isn’t that what the help community is for?

For me,

• if I select a paper size from the list in Format > Page style, then that is what is selected in the print dialogue.
  • if I open a default page and select Insert > Envelope and ensure that I have selected a paper size from the list in the Format tab of the resulting dialogue box, then that is what is selected in the print dialogue.
  • if I save a document after printing then some of the printer settings are saved in the file, e.g. size and orientation, but not count.

I think this depends on the printer driver being able to offer those sizes. For specific help you might need to give more details of operating system and LibreOffice version This is the guide - How to use the Ask site? - #3 by Hrbrgr as well as make and model of printer

2 Likes

Thank you. This looks very helpful. I’ll try it.