Can the sidebar of LO 6.3 startcenter be changed?

Hello,
the problem is as follows: I’ve recently installed Fedora 31 on my machine. I customized the look to have Adwaita-Dark window theme. When I open the LibreOffice startcenter, the Start Center looks like this:

I assume the problem is due to the theme management of some sort. I really want to have that background image in the bottom left gone. But I don’t know if it can be done and how.
Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
MM

Where did you install the version of LibreOffice from? - my version of LibreOffice (6.3.3.2-2.fc31.x86_64) on Fedora 31 looks quite different then yours using Adwaita-Dark theme.

LibreOffice by default with Fedora 31 is 6.3.1.

I myself use Fedora 31 Workstation KDE of Fedora from Spins.
I have uninstalled it and installed LibreOffice 6.2.8.2-2 instead for some special reasons.

You can uninstall LibreOffice by default and reinstall any version if needed.

Hello,

this version of LibreOffice was actually pre-installed on my installation media. Should I reinstall it?

Regards,
MM

OK, I’ve updated the program to version 6.3.3.2.0+ and the issue is still there. I just wanted to know if there is a way to modify the start screen without the need of reinstalling the whole suite.

OK, thank you for your help.
I’ve reinstalled the 6.3.3.2 version and checked both under Xorg and Wayland - nothing changed. In the end, I removed LO 6.3 and installed LO 6.2.8.2 from RPMs. Now the startcenter looks (and works) perfect. I just hope that the troublesome background will be removed or fixed for the LO 6.4.

I don’t know if it has something to do with the problem, but the laptop I use is a 2012 notebook with integrated graphics.

Regards,
MM

Hello everyone,

I decided to add a comment for my old question, because I found out something more.

For your information: Just recently I’ve upgraded my Fedora 31 to Fedora 32, and the version of LibreOffice is 6.4.x, just the one I earlier hoped will have the issue fixed. However, after launch, it turned out that the issue is still there. This time, I decided to delve a little among the possible questions and compare the described issues with mine. Finally, using the information from this topic and from here, I realized that the appearance of the start center is ruled by the configuration files and archives in /usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/config. I proceeded to change the Icon theme in Tools → Options → LibreOffice → View → Icon theme. However, the problem is still there.

I’m sorry - I had to edit my previous comment, because the apparent solution was only temporary. Since then, I tried different ways: switched from GNOME 3 to KDE Plasma, uninstalled Fedora and tried Mageia, but the problem seems to be fixed to LibreOffice 6.4 not properly processing the alpha channel of the PNG or SVG. I also tried to erase the lines directing to the background in startcenter configuration file or replace the images with the ones without transparencies. However, to no avail, since it won’t change. I wonder if there is any way to fix it in this version of LO.
High regards,
MM