Can't Change Page Style After Page Break

I’m using two different page styles for a long writer document, creatively called “opening pages” and “main text.” I wanted to add some more opening pages before the main text, but after doing the page break, the newly inserted pages default to the “main text” style and refuse to be changed to “opening pages.” What am I missing?

You should read the excellent answer by @ajlittoz to question 282117 re different background colour . Cheers, Al

Edit your question to describe the structure of your document. How many “opening pages”? How do you switch to “main text”? What are the properties of your page styles? In particular, is there a Next style setting?

Don’t forget your OS name and LO version.

@ajlittoz:
There are related questions again and again. Some time ago I started a “project” to
-1- help users to better understand the field of PageStyle and PageBreak application.
-2- implement a tool showing the actual PageSequence structure of a document (as I call it).
-3- supply tools obviously missing in the UI.

As most of my projects, this one didn’t reach a matured state. I only can offer an interim document containing a working implementation concerning -2- and a few probably useful remarks.
I would be interested in your advice concerning the question if I should try to get a more complete version.
See attachment. pageSequencesAdv.odt