Can't open .odt spreadsheets

Windows 11. Libre Office 7.4.

I suddenly can’t open .ods (spreadsheet ) files. I can open .odt (text) files.

I had an .odt file open. I clicked on the “X” in the upper right hand corner to close it. When I tried to reopen the file, all I get is a blank Window. Actually a blank window with a faint “L” in the upper right hand corner or a immobilized screen. I can open .ods files just fine.

I deleted and reinstalled LibreOffice several times. No change.

I’m assuming that someone else has had the same problem, I’m darned if I can find a discussion here.

Help!

You have posted same contents but irrelevant title at Copy and Paste adds an unwanted blank line between each line of the document How to fix

1. Try closing everything and Restart Windows.
  2. If still a problem try in LibreOffice safe mode: click Help > Restart in Safe Mode > Continue in Safe Mode and see if problem occurs there. If it does consider resetting your profile LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki
    I prefer manual method so folders can be copied back

If you close LibreOffice and then re-open it what happens?
If it is just one file that you cannot open then it is probably an issue with that file. Can you create a new spreadsheet without problem?
If you can can you open other spreadsheets?

Please clarify what the actual problem is.
What is a “.odt spreadsheet”?
Which of the two is correct: “I suddenly can’t open .ods (spreadsheet ) files” or “I can open .ods files just fine”?

Let’s just kill this topic. The .ods files will open, it just takes about a minute for them to do so. I have had this problem before. If I remember correctly, it was suggested that LibreOffice looks for certain peripherals, and won’t open files unless it finds those peripherals. Previously, I just left my printer on all the time and everything loaded smoothly and quickly. Now that doesn’t seem to be sufficient. But that is for another thread.

I find that when I attempt to open the GrampaPlaylist.ods file, the file open to a blank “page” and freezes. A new 1kb file then appears named .~lock.000 GrampaPlaylist. If I delete that new file, the whole process starts over when I again try to open the GrampaPlaylist.ods file.

I opened the new “lock” file {~lock.000 GrampaPlaylist} revealing this ,

DESKTOP-NK7Q87V/Owner,DESKTOP-NK7Q87V,17.03.2023 23:01,file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Roaming/LibreOffice/4;

I tried to follow EarnestAI’s directions, but I am not that smart, and ended up not seeing a path open to me. I opened Libre Office, selected Tools, then Paths, but did not find the anything that seemed to be a solution.

I feel like Winnie-The-Pooh trying to find a Hephalump.

Where is the key to opening this lock??? Anybody?

Yours is not an answer but a comment, see image of icon below. Please copy it to a comment and delete this “Answer”
CommentReplyAskLibreOffice

colep52

9h

I find that when I attempt to open the GrampaPlaylist.ods file, the file open to a blank “page” and freezes. A new 1kb file then appears named .~lock.000 GrampaPlaylist. If I delete that new file, the whole process starts over when I again try to open the GrampaPlaylist.ods file.

I opened the new “lock” file {~lock.000 GrampaPlaylist} revealing this ,

DESKTOP-NK7Q87V/Owner,DESKTOP-NK7Q87V,17.03.2023 23:01,file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Roaming/LibreOffice/4;

I tried to follow EarnestAI’s directions, but I am not that smart, and ended up not seeing a path open to me. I opened Libre Office, selected Tools, then Paths, but did not find the anything that seemed to be a solution.

I feel like Winnie-The-Pooh trying to find a Hephalump.

Where is the key to opening this lock??? Anybody?