Century Gothic is Bold, but Bold AND Italic

Hello!

When I use the font Century Gothic in writer, and I make it BOLD, I find that it looks bold AND italic. If I add italic, it doesn’t look any different, but it does seem to add a little space to the end, adjust the kerning or something, and shift it along a notch. But otherwise Bold and Bold+Italic look identical. Only on this font from what I can see! Any ideas?

Thank you!

Looks good on my side:

Version: 24.8.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 0f794b6e29741098670a3b95d60478a65d05ef13
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10 X86_64 (10.0 build 19045); UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded

1 Like

If I use it on any other program, it looks like that! But if I use it on LibreOffice writer, that middle one is also italic!

If you want more useful help, mention OS name, LO version and save format. Have you undergone any update recently (either OS or LO)? If so, have you fully rebooted your computer (frequantly required under Window$)?

EDIT

Attach a short sample file. I suspect you’re direct-formatting everything. Direct formatting is your worst enemy in documents. Unfortunately M$ Word conditioned us in direct formatting (because it offers no alternative).

Interestingly, if I don’t use the bold button, but I use the character window and change the font there, it is properly bold

I’ve done the most recent update. How can I send those details over?

Hello!

So I’m finding the problem extends to other software as well, so its something to do with the font!

I can still send over this info if you want, just where can I find it? On Windows 11, latest LO version–not sure how to fix a font independently at all though.