Clear Direct Formatting Problem

Under the Font tab are Font, Style, and Size. Style can be Regular, Bold, Italic.

Of course! I beg your pardon, I was confused because my UI is in French and I had forgotten that it says “regular” instead of “normal” in English.

No worries! So…any ideas? I still can’t see which setting is causing the problem…

I’ve attached a file that demonstrates the problem I’m having. If I copy/paste any text block into this document and then highlight it and use Clear Direct Formatting, it turns all of the text italics. I looked everywhere in the Styles and Formatting settings and found two places to modify from Italics to Regular, but it’s still doing it. I may have missed one, but I don’t see where.

Any ideas? Going nuts with this…

test.odt

Still no solutions to this problem…anyone have any more thoughts or suggestions?

(1) As far as I can see, the problem is inherited from your parent document. There’s obviously some “direct formatting”, that overlays the underlying character style “Emphasis” = Italic.

(2) Clearing the direct formatting in this parent document, and applying the character style “Default”, instead of “Emphasis”, should solve the problem “copy and paste into a new document”.

(3) See also this discussion on the developer list → Need confirmation about non-clearing of Character Styles.