Condintional Formatting multiple text in one field

Hi trying to switch over from Microsoft I have a spreadsheet that I used multiple conditional formats on finding two bits of text in a string but cant workout how to do it on libre
Lest say in the D1 I have “PYMT 198374982 Mortgage other” I’m trying to condtional format so it finds “PYMT” and “Mortgage” with wildcards as the number changes I cant just use Mortgage as sometimes there’s other Transfers that have that string I only need the ones that have PYMT in them aswell.
Is there anyway to do this. Thanks

You can not format coditionally the parts of cell contens in the Calc. The Conditional Format feature uses the Cell Styles, what will format the whole cell.

Workaround: Use two or more cells for these contents.

Thanks I do want the whole cell formatted but it needs to find multiple bits of text in the same cell

Then, how the finding related to the CF?
There is an option of the Find and Replace feature.
From te Help:

" Entire Cells

Searches for whole words or cells that are identical to the search text."

As I read the question, OP wants to conditionally format cells which contain both of the strings PYMT and Mortgage.

1 Like

This is correct if its possible, in excel I
Conditional Formatting

• Highlight Cell With
  • Specific text
  • Containing
  • PYMT Mortgage

But using this in libre doesn’t work I’ve searched and tried a few different ways but none do what I’m after maybe it’s just not possible here.

the asterisk are not showing but they are both sides of both words

The condition:
=AND(SEARCH(“pymt”;D1;1);SEARCH(“mortgage”;D1;1))
I know that, it is not Wildcard related solution…

PYMT and MORTGAGE.ods (13.9 KB)

Thanks for taking the time to help and the sample sheet was handy. That appears to work.