Contents Did not Showing ...In LibreOffice Calc - > DATA - > Validity -> Under Input Help?

Hi Friends,

In LibreOffice Calc - > DATA - > Validity → Under Input Help - Contents Did not Showing ? Even though, Title and Input Help have Contents.

Title : Caution
Input Help : Enter The Student ID Between 1701 To 1710

Here is the Screen Shots

My LibreOffice Version

Please Help

the screenshots are nice but useless!
btw. it works here for both:

Version: 7.4.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 40(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: de-DE
Debian package version: 4:7.4.7-1
Calc: threaded

and:

Version: 7.6.0.3 (AARCH64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 69edd8b8ebc41d00b4de3915dc82f8f0fc3b6265
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Flatpak

Hint: there are buttons for »copy to clipboard« in :→help→about

Do you mean, that under dark mode, the tooltip is white-on-yellow, and so is unreadable? This should be a bug report.

2 Likes

How to Write This Bug in LibreOffice Community ?

please click on the blue link: bug report

Version: 7.6.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 69edd8b8ebc41d00b4de3915dc82f8f0fc3b6265
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 6.2; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu MATE 22.04.3
Just confirming same behavior which shows in all my dark themes and normal in the others.
v

Also thanks, learned another feature.

1 Like

First off, I have also been having this issue but I didn’t realize it. I thought that the text wasn’t displaying but thanks to @mikekaganski who mentioned that it was a dark mode issue with white text on the yellow background, I was able to figure it out.
This issue was present on my system using Dark Mode as my system theme and the default system theme for my LibreOffice Calc theme. I did switch the notes color to pale yellow to match this as I had recently switched my LibreOffice Calc to the Dark Theme which did offer a better viewing option for text even before I chose an even better color for me.
With LibreOffice Calc open, the first thing you will want to do is go to Tools>Options. From there, go to Application Colors, scroll down to Spreadsheet>Notes background:

Finally, select a color that will contrast the white text. Your final result should be a new background color for the Input Help note where you can now see the white text.
I hope this helps. There may be a setting in there to format the color of the text being used but I couldn’t find it. I did try setting all of the options in there that I thought the text color could be based on to a different color but none of them seemed to affect it. If anyone does find a solution for text color though, I would like to know. Thank you.
Edited for a better screenshot and to clarify a bit more after the AI commented on this.

Tested on 7.6.4.1: Notes background in dark mode is a burnt orange when set to Automatic and, for me is quite visible. Have you tried setting it back to Automatic?

Thank you. I added some clarifications. I had set to light yellow to replicate this issue.

The clockwork Al, not the software AI.

1 Like