Copy paste bug in libre writer

I have some text, I copied (ctrl-c) from outside librewriter, and it pastes into notepad just fine

But if I try to paste it into Libre Writer, then something previously in the clipboard appears! (Or if nothing was in the clipboard at a previous time then nothing appears).

I have copy pasted before so I can see this is a bug. I don’t know the cause. (well, I know to the extent that clearly Librewriter has its own copy of what is in the clipboard, that it uses, and sometimes doesnt update it!)

I’m running Windows 7. I can’t restart the Windows OS now 'cos I have a lot of unsaved notepad windows open.

I can fix it by going within librewriter, copying some text to the clipboard from within librewriter. Then copy some text from outside librewriter then it pastes into librewriter.

I haven’t quite gotten to a point where I can reproduce the bug at will. But the bug appears from time to time.

Here is version information

Version: 7.4.2.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 382eef1f22670f7f4118c8c2dd222ec7ad009daf
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

Thanks

I suppose it, that issue is related to a third party Clipboard manager software or to some Clipboard manager feature of the operating system.
Try to find it and to stop it.

tdf#148647. Still no reliable reproducer scenario, to enable to debug and fix. Cf. to tdf#116983, where jasoncres eventually provided a way to debug and fix a bunch of related problems - but until that, we could do nothing for years.

In recent version(s) of Writer I’m finding the same bug i.e. ctrl+C text from another program, ctrl+V into Writer but instead of the new clipboard text, previous clipboard text is pasted. If I ctrl+V into another program the correct clipboard contents are pasted. If I exit & re-run Writer then ctrl+V the correct clipboard contents are now pasted, so appears to me to be Writer related as copy/paste isn’t an issue with any other program.

Version: 24.2.2.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: d56cc158d8a96260b836f100ef4b4ef25d6f1a01
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-AU (en_AU); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded

If you have Clipboard history turned on in Start menu > Settings > System > Clipboard, that is generally not a problem other than a loss of paste formats later on. Maybe you have Sync across your devices in the same place, turned on which might cause problems.

If you use another clipboard manager then that is a good place to start looking. A badly designed program not releasing the clipboard could be the culprit.

Thanks for your tip on clipboard history - I never knew that trick. I don’t have Sync across your devices enabled, and as I said it is only an issue with LibreOffice, both Writer & now confirmed with Calc. When it occurs I can still correctly paste the latest clipboard entry into any other program to confirm correct contents, eg Notepad. I can see the latest entry in the clipboard history list, but ctrl+V in Writer & Calc pastes the 2nd to latest item. As I’ve said, if I then restart Writer, ctrl+V pastes the latest item.

And if you use Win+V?

Win+V - yes I said (or at least implied) I was using Win+V to confirm the “clipboard history”.