Crazy about LO, Java and Ventura 13.0.1

hello,

is there anyone who can tell me how to find correct path for the java JDK, because it is not possible. I have tried everything but no luck at all. I have tried so many JDK’s - still no luck and don’t know what to do.

I want to use LO Base Database.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 15.24.04

Because new users can’t post more than one ss, I must to it this way. Sorry for double post.

Is any of the versions on your system Oracles JDK? Don’t know what the first two in your screenshot come from, but the others are definitely not from Oracle.

By the way: if you are using Firebird internal database you won’t need Java. Java is only needed for internal HSQLDB, for running the wizards in Base and for reports by the ReportBuilder.

Yes, they are from Oracles JDK, but when I select them just this message appears.

The folder you selected does not contain a Java runtime environment.
Please select a different folder.

Have a look here: Bug 101956. This bug has been closed, but the problem seems to be still there. I couldn’t write more about Mac and Java, because I never used such a system.

See Install Java (Mac/Base)

If you are right and have really tried everything, nobody can help you. But as others have managed there is hope left.
You did’t tell much of your system. From the Screenshot we know your OS, but not wich type of CPU (Intel or ARM). From other experiece I assume version of java have to match the version of LibreOffice. So a LibreOffice for ARM would need Java for ARM.
And as the linked thread shows

• It is useful, if Java is installed before LibreOffice
  • Behavior may even depend on the (unknown) Version of your LibreOffice

Another successfull user:

Oracle JDK19 aarch64 is recognised for me on Arm aarch64 M1 and LO7412.
I was previously using Temurin 18 with x86-64 versions of LibreOffice.

The JDKs were installed into the same folder as you’ve indicated in your screenshot. Forget the JRE8 provided by Oracle, couldn’t get the latest one recognized at all.

Thanks everyone, but at the moment there is no solution for this with the latest LO.

I have tried this path while selecting on LO - used CMD+G to enter this path, but still “not found”.

I will use FB without Java and thats it.

Install a JDK that is of the same architecture as your processor.
If you have an Arm processor, you need a version with aarch64 in the filename download.
If you have an Intel processor, download the x86_64 version of the JDK.
OpenJDK works.
Oracle JDK also works.
Installing a JRE will not work. Your last screenshot shows that you have installed a JRE.