Creat a ODT file with a National geographic look

Dear All,
I hope you can help me. I am trying to create a multi-page document where the first page looks like the National Geographic cover; the yellow border with a globe on top. I have access to either v5 or v6 (LibreOffice)

1. I created a A4 size file in GIMP with the yellow border and the globe.
  2. In Writer I created a new document and added the GIMP file in Format > Page > Area > BitMap. SO far so good…

The problem: to have the yellow border along the edge of the paper, the Page Margins need to be: 0,0,0,0. But when I add text to the page, the text is also starting at:0,0,0,0. It needs to be in the white central area.

I tried using a Text Box (icon T on the toolbar) but was not very successful.

Are there any other solutions? Or am I doing something wrong with the text box?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Personal Holiday - template v2.odt

Great! Beautifully made. Thank you very much!!!

Show the file.

Done. Didn’t notice I could do that.

Done what? Once again: show us the file.

OK. This time it worked. Did something wrong the previous turn. File added.

Closing a question is not required here on this site (although it’s OK if you wish); however, the real sign that it has a valid answer is not a closed status with related closing reason, but marking the chosen answer as correct (using checkmark to the left of the answer). This shows other users who come with similar problems, that it’s worth looking into such a question, because it’s likely to have useful information.

I’d avoid tinkering with text boxes in such a case. I have:

1. Extracted the picture from your file.

2. Pasted it into a new document, to the very first paragraph.

3. Set Anchor → To page, Wrap → In background, Arrange → Send to back in the image properties context menu.

Now, I can easily type in and set the page margins as I need.

See the sample file: fbl.odt