Create a percentage table from an income table

I have two worksheets in a Calc file. The first sheet, called Income, contains the average incomes of twelve colleagues over ten successive years and in box B17 is the grand total of the colleagues’ incomes over the ten years, here it is:

In a table on the second worksheet called “Percentages” I want to put all the percentages of each income value, for a given year and for a given person, percentages in relation to the total on the previous sheet. This is what the end result should look like:

descrizione immagine

How do I do this? I’ve only just started learning Calc, I know about pivot tables but I’m not sure if they are essential for this exercise…

Bye

I hope they are no true names and figures, if they are please edit your question and replace it with no real names a number, they are not needed to solve the question.

And thanks for crossposting a[t Creare da tabella redditi una tabella percentuali](t Creare da tabella redditi una tabella percentuali ) without mentioning the fact. Wasting other peoples time is at no cost for you.

I apologise, I am very sorry, but as you have seen these two are my very first posts on the forum. That’s why I’m still not familiar with these places on the internet. Thank you for letting me know that this practice is not good.

Hello,

provided

• the number of names are the same on both tables
  • names are sorted the same way
  • and years do match in both table columns

use in B2 (of sheet Percentuali): =$Redditi.B2 / $Redditi.$B$17 and copy this formula into all cells of table Percentuali (drag to the right and drag down).

If the conditions above are not met you may try (starting B2)

=INDEX($Redditi.$B$2:$K$13;MATCH($A2;$Redditi.$A$2:$A$13;0);MATCH(B$1;$Redditi.$B$1:$K$1;0))/$Redditi.$B$17

or by defining the following named ranges:
SalYears: $Redditi.$B$1:$K$1
SalData: $Redditi.$B$2:$K$13
SalDataName: $Redditi.$A$2:$A$13
SalTotalGen: $Redditi.$B$17

=INDEX(SalData;MATCH($A2;SalDataName;0);MATCH(B$1;SalYears;0))/SalTotalGen

Suggested further reading:

[1] - LibreOffice Help - Addresses and References, Absolute and Relative
[2] - LibreOffice Help - Define Names

Hope that helps.

The little pearl of wisdom: Place totals above, general evaluation in front of data.

A suggestion: See attached.
ask309884EvaluationByPercantages.ods

The problem: How do you handle cases where a person enters or leaves the group during the overall period of evaluation?