Do I need to install java before running Base?

For what ever reasons, LibreOffice seems unable to find the JRE after the program closes.
Java console says there is a working JRE.
I can even get the version from a command prompt.
But Libreoffice can no longer find the JRE it was using.
I ti s not in My Documents,
C:\Users\Alpha\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_13_x64 apparently does not contain a LO compatable JRE.
Neither does C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Nor C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7

Please, once you post your question is enough. Thank you.

Actually I never had Problems with java on Win7, and only changed from Oracle to Correto (Amazon fork) because of the license. With the change to Win10 Ivchanged this to Adoptiums build of Java.

I guess after the program closes means the installer for Java? LibreOffice will neither find nor do anything after closing itself. You tried to set via Tool->options to use a Java environment? Or did you assume your “update” is autodetected?
Sometimes LibreOffice stumbles over its own User-Profile, and this is kept even if you re-install or upgrade LO. So try safe-mode and activating Java then. (Because of safe-mode, this is not remembered.) Or directly rename your profile-folder (hidden in %APPDATA% for Windows).
Another suspect would be security schemes activated on your computer, wich may prevent programs to see other services, but I have never seen zhis blocking java, if it is installed.

I guess you would have mentioned, if you use LibreOffice in a portable version?

1 Like

Possible reason: Java 32 bit - LibreOffice 64 bit.

While the pathes above hints he installed both versions, it seems @Original_Memory6188 is aware of the problem:

I thought of that: do I have the right bit count. ReInstalled Java 7.nnn whatever 64 bit.

Updated both LibreOffice and Java to latest releases. No problem finding the JRE.

Ufda.

I should have kept better note.

But I upgraded Java from 7 to 8. LO found it automagically when I started it.

I dunno … I turned off automatic updates on both programs to keep a stable work environment.