Documents always default to Asian punctuation

I seem to be having a very similar problem as Problem with full-width (asian) punctuation .
I am using Ubuntu 22.04. My system setting languages are Traditional Chinese and English.
The issue is that when I type quotes - single or double, ' or " - LibreOffice (both Writer and Impress, I have not thoroughly tested others) often defaults to Asian punctuation: or . It appears to happen when line-initial, the following is the different behavior when typed at the start of a new line:

• Typing "hello" in Writer results in 『hello”
  • Typing O'Connor in Writer usually results in O'Connor (no issues), though sometimes it results in O’Connor (full-width quote), I have not determined the exact situations that determine each behavior
  • Typing O'Connor in Writer then removing the O always results in ’Connor (regular quote changes to full-width quote)
  • Typing ' or " in Impress always results in or respectively; typing O'Connor results in O」Connor
  • Forcing the text back to an English font (e.g. Liberation Serif) makes the punctuation correct, but a different font size

In the above situations, I am trying to make a document only and exclusively in English, with no Chinese characters. I have tried manually setting the document language and LibreOffice display language to English, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated, it is frustrating to need to manually highlight individual pieces of text and change both the font and the font size every time I want to type quotes.

:thinking: whick means ?

and more generally :

I mean that it had no effect, I still had the same behavior. I’ve read the guidelines, what should I change about my question?

version ? attach or screenshot example ?

and check what is set around here : Autocorrect apply not smartening quotation marks