Does Calc add automatically sheet name in cell ranges used in functions?

I am using SUM() -function to calculate a sum from a cell range from the same sheet, like

=SUM(B6:B15)

At some point I noticed Calc automatically adding sheet name to cell range.

=SUM('Sheet one'.B6:B15)

Is Calc doing this automatically in some situations? I know sheet names are being updated if sheet they are referring to is changed, but if no sheet name is used in the first place?

This became a problem to me, as Calc did not highlight anymore referred cells of the function when selecting the function input line. After testig a bit, I noticed this is caused by the fact that sheet name used has a space (or any other special character) on it. When using a sheet name without special characters (and thus without hyphens), UI shows the selection correctly.

=SUM(SheetOne.B6:B15)

See attachment referred-cells-highlight.ods

Is this a bug in Calc?

I’m using

Version: 5.1.6.2
Build ID: 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial6
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.4; UI Render: default; 
Locale: fi-FI (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group

Adding the relative self sheet reference may have happened in that (more than two years) old version under some circumstances and was fixed long time ago. Suggesting to upgrade.

Thanks for the response. I am using Linux Mint 18 which has this version of LibreOffice on it’s repositories. As there is a workaround for this problem (to rename sheets so that they don’t include any special characters), I’ll probably just wait until I switch to LM 20.x or if they happen to upgrade the LO version in repositories.