Drop down created in Word displays key instead of value

I was sent a Word document (.docx) as a form that had several drop down selections.
When you open the document in Word, the drop downs show the intended value. But when you open this same document in Writer, the drop downs show the key instead of the value?
Is there a setting for Writer to display the value instead of the key for a drop down selection?

Example:

First steps to take before submitting a bug

and informal:

How to open files from MS-Office 2007 or 2010 (.DOCX, .XLSX,…)?

Which version of LibreOffice do you use? It looks like the Word’s content control is imported as a plain Writer’s form control; but it was improved in ~recent versions.

Libreoffice version info:
Version: 24.8.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 0bdf1299c94fe897b119f97f3c613e9dca6be583
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10 X86_64 (10.0 build 19045); UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Same issue, only displaying the key in the drop down, not the value:

You are welcome to file a bug report (don’t forget to attach a sample DOCX).

1 Like

The MS Word document that I am having the issue was created several years back from a trade partner. When I tried to replicate this with a newly created MS Word document, the drop down selector in Writer works as expected, listing the values. My assumption is that the root cause is due to the document being created in an older version of MS Word, and may not warrant being reported as a bug.
Work around is to open the doc in the MS on-line word app, which displays the values for the old doc fine, then continue working in Writer.

Pity; unreported bug with a reproducer means someone else would still suffer. But it’s your choice, of course :slight_smile:

Mike @mikekaganski - my hamstring in reporting this as a bug, is that I don’t have an older version of MS Word, to replicate the issue is a simple document. The instructions for reporting a bug ask for a simple sample, and all I have is the complete document from our trade partner. If you have access to an older version of Word, I would be willing to work with you to try and replicate the issue, so then it could be reported.

If you mean you frust me personally (for some reason), and send me the file, so that I can try to create a minimal reproducer out of it: my email is mikekaganski@hotmail.com (but don’t trust people that much). If you mean that you tell me the instructions how to repro it from scratch using an older version: please go ahead.